15.2.12

the beauty of love ... as I see it

Valentines is a day to celebrate love, to me and many others this means with a special somone, be it a lover, a friend, a child or a family member - your valentine is always who you choose. But it amazed me this year to see so many beautiful acts of kindness yesturday. Ones that did not actually involve a purchase of something, instead they were simply time or thoughts..

The man who had his hat out for change  and the wealthly lady that sat with him shared some time and a coffee him, all those who followed because they witnessed her spending time and then my brief chat with a wonderfully nice man.

Thank you to the woman who held the door for me, when she could have walked right through.

Thank you to the bus driver who waited while I ran to catch the bus.

Little demonstrations of kindess, are a simple way that we can demonstrate to others that love does exist, even on so called cold city streets of Toronto.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."


~Helen Keller




No comments: