25.2.12

Change.. I wish you love

I spent almost a decade as a Transition Coordintor in my career path ... a change manager for someone else essentially. I always said I did this because it help me control the change and help deal with the chaos. This last year has taught me so much about change, that I realize no matter how you try to manage it,to fight it,  how you try to go with it or how you blossom because of it.. the one thing you cannot do is control it. You can prepare for it, but it still happens.

Right now, around me and in my life I see so many of my family, my  friends and collegues experiencing such massive changes in their lives. Sad ones,hurtful ones and joyful ones. What an amazing time to stop and watch. I think it is always happening, that this is life.

I hate change, even my own and I know it. I struggle with the transition to do something different even when it is good for me, I would at times happily jump into old habits because I know them. I will not always seek out the uncomfortable (who would?) because I may fail. These past few years, I have learned that uncomfortable can be good, that different has meaning and value and for a girl who bucked change, and absoultely hated it -- I have learned some acceptance and done a whole shit load of self relection.

So for all my family and friends facing a difficult, joyful or life altering change this is for you.

My hope for each of you is that you can :
  • Find love , where hate now only resides and move forward. Take with you, your dignity and pride.  Cherish only what love brought and leave the hate behind.
  • Forgive yourself for not being good to you, repair and heal, and take it one day at a time.
  • Surround yourself in the help of others, when help is the hardest thing to take.
  • Let go of the illusion of youth and youthful things, find joy in maturity and what that means to you. Share the wisdom you earned with the ones who will listen.
  • Celebrate the joy of finding your true love, and embrace all the changes coming your way.
  • Celebrate your accomplishments, you made it , you worked hard, you did something you didn't want to do -- but you reached your goal. Be gentle with yourself and live in your success you have achieved before setting a new goal.
  • See through the eyes of your teenage self, your twentys, thirties, and forties and realize the greatest gift you ever got in life has stood beside you through thick and thin, sickness and health and is the best and most amazing friend you have ever had, and that is true love and life partnerhip --and it is defined only by what you both bring and share togehter. And has been the best demonstration of love I have ever seen.
I wish for me all of the above, I wish for me , to accept what I cannot change, love the best way I know how, and change with dignity those things I need to change. It has, is and continues to be one hell of a year... to my family, my dear friends, my collegues --- I wish you a year of change that fills your life with excitment, sadness and joy and beauty, so when you look back over your life you too will appreciate every single moment of it.

Love M


3 comments:

Linda mariani said...

Love this so true!

Wendy said...

Wise words! And they came just at the right time. Thanks for this, my blog friend!!

Melanie said...

knitwit you are always very welcome.