2.7.10

Welcome Summer

  What is better then painting and having a big bite of watermelon as snack -- according to my daughter, nothing better then this!

Well summer has arrived and with it, came a few changes to the neighbourhood - we have our new neighbours settled in now. A lovely young couple and a cute dog. While I will miss our previous neighbours very much - the new couple like a good fit ( living in a 100 plus year old semi - makes you aware of your neighbours) but the biggest and best news -- Grandma has moved down the street in a quick six minute walk !  We are over joyed to have them so close. Not to mention, Emma is schedule for some good time with my sister and neice - this means fun in the sun for her.

Now with the summer weather, friends begin to arrive too, and this warms my heart , My dear friend from Sudbury will be here starting today! And in less then four weeks my other dearest friend will arrive for a month long visit from Malahide , Co. Dublin Ireland. Hopefully a bag of rasher crisps are on their way in her suitcase! ( she mails me them occassionally as seen in a previous post here.)

What more is needed in life? The people I love near by, and the best of friends on the way for a visit.

Life is good. ... mmmm and BBQ scheduled for tonight.

No comments: