21.4.10

--- the JOYof Friendship ---

If you are a regular reader you know that I have recently begun wearing my hearing aid. When I told my friend Sandra -- she called, we skyped and in Sandra fashion she sent a fantastic care package, a great pick me up! How exciting I thought when it arrived today --  Package from Ireland -- these always make me very happy -- last one was delish chocolate ( they just make it better over there!)

Sandra is a wonderful friend, and if you read http://www.thepursejunkienomore.blogspot.com/
You will know her as Dear friend from Ireland. Who moved away to the beautiful town of Malahide and who I was fortunate to visit last year. But back to today -- so I go to the post office to pick up the parcel -- I wait the 10 minute walk home -- then I rip into it....

And what is inside ... but a few of my favourite things , Bacon Fries - OMG Comfort food (it may not be a Rasher sandwich but it is very close!) (which I just told Faiza about ..check out  http://itsgonnabealovelyday.blogspot.com/ to learn all about Faiza and Hula Hoops in England) . Paddington card - my favourite bear and reminder of our excellant trip to London last May, my love of bubble baths gets a good nod here as well with bath petals (reminder to take care of me) and most special the circle necklace a wonderful reminder of how friendship circles you no matter where you are. Sandra is one of the friends I mentioned in yesturdays blog -- someone who brings the JOY of friendship to my life  everyday-- and she is in Europe! Thank you my dear friend - for I will link this to you.. A very greatful friend cherishes your presence in her life -- even thousands of miles away!

It is a gift like this - the thoughtfulness behind each thing choosen that reminds me , out there in the big world I have friends that bring Joy to my life, who KNOW me and who care. The gift is a physical reminder of what I already know, that no matter time or place - she is there. --And the greatest thing -- she is part of a group of girlfriends that I hold dear -- because each brings Joy.

I also want to send a welcome out to http://whatdoumeanimthirty.blogspot.com/ My friend Laurie entering the blog world -- read along from the begining as she discovers life after 29!

So while I am sure many of you may not like his music or even him -- here is a great bit from a John Mayer song that pretty much says it all -- friends , and family they are the heart of my life.

I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears and listen

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
Then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way it should

But I know the heart of life is good



Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good

I know it's good





4 comments:

Faiza said...

am playing this song in my office right now. love your care package and hearing about the precious connection you have with dear friend from ireland.

Melanie said...

Great tune!! I may not like him as he presents himself to the world - but I love his music - which interestingly presents a different side to the world!

Bianca Jagoe said...

I am totally fascinated by the idea of 'confetti bath leaves'!

Melanie said...

@Bianca --- they are grand!!! melty things that smell lovely!