21.8.13

..watching the light dance...

I have been thinking lately about all the challenges over the last couple of years, moments when I questioned life, love, family and friends.  I realized that the part of the journey my little family was on, was a bit tough over the this time.. From ADHD, heart problems, to diabeties and gallbladder disease and the most difficult pulmonary embolism. Yet lately I notice, I have my camera in my hand or find myself looking through my eyes as if they were themselves lenses, looking for beauty or a moment that I want to capture in my mind. This  tells me, not only did these past couple of years teach me about pain, and life (the actually beating heart kind) but it brought back to me something I thought I had lost.. The ability to find my own creative voice, to see again in shades and images what I use to always see. It has been a long time since I did an essay of photos or thought of photographic stories within my mind. I dabbled in video for the last five years but not in the way I once use to emerge  into myself behind a picture..

Those who knew me in the time of my darkroom days, know I spent hours and hours with my face behind the body of a camera, then hours in the darkroom perfecting shading, blurring and creating what was inside my head.. Photography has changed, my love bought me a new type of lens to look through, I am learning again how to capture the shadows.

I use to dream of great art shows, of images that captured the attention of the world.. Now I simply want to capture a moment , and watch the light dance.

Maybe I will share them here with you .. Right now I look to capture life as it defines itself to me through the lens.


3 comments:

Wendy said...

Definitely post some of your photographic work. I'm looking forward to seeing life through your lens!

Faiza said...

I have seen a few of your photos on Facebook and you have a beautiful eye. I hope you do share your pics. (Moving next week and then hopefully we can get abck to the gym!) HUGS!

Melanie said...

Thanks guys !