9.7.12

Little envelopes of love..thanks

 Warning this is a long one!

Yesturday My family surprised me with the perfect birthday .. a day together. Good food at a charity Ribfest in Markham ( how awesome, that the proceeds of what we did went to a great charity). I watched my six and half year old, ZIPLINE!, my beautiful mom go on some crazy twirl a whirl, played water games with the big kids, and we all shared a family picnic under the tree's.. yup perfect day.

Once back at my sisters house, we sat a chatted some more, then the big bag of little white envelopes arrived. Yup 40 envelopes in all, each one containing a family memory of who I was, how I got from one to 40 years in the eyes of my family. It was beautiful. from the penny from 1972 that my niece had to dig around for and clean to represent coming into the world, to a drawing of a pool with fort Lauderdale written on it to represent my swimming years inside a pair of goggle, little pink socks for Emma, a mini camera for the love of photography, a pen for my words in blogs and more. Each envelope was a memory, that my family holds of me.. it  was amazing. Happiness, Laughter, sadness, hardtimes and breath taking moments, captured in the minds of those you love and then shared back to you .. that is priceless.

This week I also had a couple of  one on one best pal dates.. Sandra and Faiza.. yet again a gift of time with people I love, and generous hearts. I cannot say enough about how wonderful it is to have people in your life who give you there most valuable asset they have to give their time, laughter and memories.

I have a few more dates this week with a few more great pals, and will see some dear friends in the coming summer months. This to me is the perfect way to celebrate my birthday.. time with those I love. Next week a family trip to Vegas, and then my birthday celebration with Jay in New York is to follow..

The last 40 years seems only like the begining, yet, it has so many stops and starts, so many big and small moments, life changing and full of so much..

Time for a new bucket list , I will put some thought to that.. but in an effort to celebrate a positive start.. 40 things or moments  I am greatful for from my life..

I am greatful for : (in no order )

1. A country start to life , nothing tops bare feet in the park and freedom to wonder safetly.

2. Snoopy Crayons for mittens - morning stocking exchange with my sister!

3. The moutains in Calgary, and Japser National park, and Frank

4. The blackberries in White rock along the rails during Sandcastle day

5. A bedroom canvas, the ability to paint my room into a work of swirls and bright colors I can't imagine that was an easy clean up dad!

6. The whales along the ferry rides up Canada's western coast

7.  Victoria, Johnny (2 to 6) Jacquline, Debbie and Leanne and Denise ( 6-12)   Angela S  (14-18 )  Donny F (16- 18) Kelly (18-26) Angela W (24-28) Swampwenches (28 and beyond) Sandra (32 and beyond) Faiza ( 37 and beyond) -- There of course were other pals - But this group of friends each and everyone of them were at somepoint held was either my dearest pal, or in childhood my BFF. While for some our paths will never cross again, and others I will see in a few short hours.. these people whoever they grew up to be, mattered a whole heck of alot in my life.. and I am eternally greatful for each and everyone of you.

8. Lake Placid and mirror lake, rowing for hours, burning to blister for the love of the water.

9.  Cooking Pizza with the owner of the pizza shop.. thinking I had figured out the throw.. I still make a mean pizza!

10. The dedicated push, and pressure to teach my dyslexic mind to read and write - thanks mom

11. Trent Univeristy and the summer journalism program my highschool sent me to -- for photography and layout design - my co editor took over in the end ( she did a great job) but it was fun!

12. Swimming, the pool and everything that has brought into my life

13. Forts - my childhood ones, and Emma's

14. Watching the Sunset over the montains in BC

15. Finding the Trilliums in Bancroft - thousands of them.

16. Summer Camp away with pals as a teenager..Awesome

17. David, Luke, Darren, Steve - the moments that took my breath away, and each and every lesson shared or learned

18. Jumping of the pier into the ocean at White Rock, and throwing back in the star fish from the rock breakwall with my step brother Stewart.

19. Disney through my eyes, and theirs

20. Jay - my heart , my love always - my broken road lead me straight to you. I am blessed and you gave me the most precious moment of my life.

21. Erasure Concerts - everywhere

22. Football - the love of watching it , and the quiet guy named Andre who made an evening out to the movies and dinner  seem like a John Hughes film! -- I still smile.

23. Morning coffee in Tims Square alone just the two of us -- 6:30am thanksgiving weekend

24. London, Ireland, Sandra

25. Paris -- the joy the pure joy and the smell of crossiants

26. Crazy reonovation fears, and the fantastic Jenga blocks used to describe and make me feel better!

27. Lorriane House

28. FS -- my last direct care client -- awesome awesome awesome

29. Buffalo Shopping Trips, always more then just the thrill of the deal!

30. Shopping - the deals..LOL

31. Quiet moments on lake baptist . IGA cheese bread.

32. Kawartha Dairy Rocky Road Ice cream

33. Turkish Delight

34. The moment I finally was able to play the flute!

35. Stickers -- I loved them

36.  Mexico - every moment

37. Watching my brave girl zipline at the fair

38. Little envelopes

39. Bouncing on the Trampoline

40 Dancing in the rain on the back porch with my little girl in our rainboots.

A wise lady (mom) once told me that life is about making memories.. I guess she did a good job, because my head is full of the pictures of the last forty years.. I have many wonderful memories of my family and our life, and I am very very greatful for them.. some very private and shared only with us.  I want to share a few of them they will understand how very special they are..

1. Huricannes , thunderstorms in Florida white dresses and all
2. Snoppy and Mittens
3.Spicy Jamican Patties, for the first time
4.Curry Chicken -- any time!
5. Running from Flirty  in circles
6. Swimming from Docks
7. JAWS and Guitars on christmas morning
8.Strawberries and Jam - and now sugar free
9. Knowing no matter what they are there, good or bad
10. The fact that I could  fill a million points.. because there are so many great memories , many of them just for me.


now to start planning the next bucket list ... my first two are done!

No comments: