15.5.12

A bowl of lettuce, a new path and sheppards hook

Mothers day, the celebration of the one role in life  where you love what you do, you do a hundred different things, you can get the job with absolutley no qualifications.. yet what you gain in experience there is no true and complete way to share what you learn.Until you are a mom.. there is no comparison to the commitment you have to another human being.( I will include in "Moms" as all parents here, but as I am a mom it is about me - but I believe that all parents, no matter the title be it mom and dad,dad and dad, mom and mom or any combination of relative choosen or earned deserve recongnition on this day)

Mine started with my girl proudly presenting the first, truely done on her own ( well at school) spelling errors and all the most beautiful hand written 8 by 10 card I have ever gotten. No daycare or babysitter help with the words she chose to write, I know this because I alone know what she wrote to be about us, not even her daddy would have included some of the pictures drawn. and to me -- it was more presious then any present from a store.

Then it was my time to spend with my mommy picking out the flowers to be planted.. which when it was done completely transformed the front of my house, brightened the back with some beautiful hanging plants and will fill our bellies with the big old potted mixed salad now growning in back yard.

But it just got better, my darling sister mom to one beautiful girl, but foster mom to hundreds came over and out we went to the shops again, this time an oblisk and even more plants.. now moms porch has a big punch of colour. We ended with the guys joining for a fun BBQ of healthy salads, and my first ever batch of sugar free date squares.. now that is what I call a jammed pack awesome mommyhood day.. to all the "moms" I hope you made a memory bank deposit, cause I sure did!

No comments: