18.7.10

Introducing the Swampwenches -- and the beauty of true friendship


These five woman are the swampwenches - that is me the one in the middle hugging Dawne on her wedding day. It is an older picture now we were earlier thirties here I think, by this time we had driven hundreds of miles, drank way too much - and we all had started to settle down ( at least in front of everyone else) into our lives as they were slowly starting to become.




A couple of people have asked me who they are.. so here we go (it is a good thing these beautiful woman love me, or they might get mad that I talk about them on my blog! oh and I am going to be posting pictures too!)

Introducing Dawne -- the darling friend from Sudbury (as refered to in  my old blog Pursejunkienomore) 

This woman knows more about me then anyone else outside my family, I love her, I am greatful for her, and blessed because she is in my life. Our friendship started in our twenties and will end when we are dead. I am pretty sure at the end, one would haunt the other! She opened my eyes to adventure, road trips, Sebastin the tattoo artist and laughter, lots of laughter. She can be the voice of reson, an inspiring teammate and no matter the distance someone I would travel miles to see, just to sit and be.

Oh Sasha (in the purple top), the mommy to the other little mud puddle - Jade. This is the little ones on their own road trip together!( me taking a picture, in Science North) this past May - the first  for the mud puddles.
Sasha, is a beautiful human being, who has more strength then she gives herself credit for, and who can remind me to RELAX! Her little miss is a couple of years younger then mine, so we are entering the stage of lots of road trips for the girls.

We also meet in our twenties, she totally gets the 80's music that I love, and danced along side me to it at the Phoenix night club - back in the days when she lived down the street from where I live now. She is a gem and I am so happy to say she is a big part of my life, even in the moments when we are busy in our own lives..

Melonie -- or Smelly depending on who you ask. This woman has more inner strength , courage and confidence then anyone else I have ever met - EVER in 38 years. She will always be dear to my heart for so many reasons - not to mention I got married in her backyard. She is beauty on the outside and inside. She is also reckless, hilarious, adventurous and the worlds best Drama Queen ( when she wants to be) I will say it is and always will be all about her - oh until she does somthing completely and ulterly selfless ( like daily). We also met in our twenties, at pivitol moments in each other lives - and that is not only the reason she will be in my heart forever, I don't get to see her as much as I would like, but if I called her right now - she would come in a heart beat, and that is just the way it is. Her garage is the storage place of our craziness - so in the fall we will venture there again!

This is Andrika - always walking to the beat of her own drum. Love her, for exactly who she is - I don't see her as much as I would like, she works 6 days a week - and loves it. The people she works with are lucky to have someone so dedicated. She is the camping queen, and one of the reasons I would once upon a time sleep outside. Dancing, singing, laughing and fightening for the rights of woman. I would also like to say love that she joined facebook - so I can send random messages now when I want.  There is simply no one else who would sit in the Andy Warhol Museam in Pitsburg, and say I don't get what you like about this guy -- floating pillows! five hours for floating pillows! but it is for you.. so okay. ( the other girls actually enjoyed the exhibit)

I cannot cram all the memories of these woman  into one post ... it cannot be done. But what I will say is this ... though time has changed us all, and we have each gone on to different parts of the province and city , doing different things - we are all bound by the same thing -- Love, Repsect and Support. We reach out when we need to, we listen when asked - and while no longer in each others back pockets we are and always will be five girls covered in mud in some back ass place camping in tornado's yelling AH-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 

... and at some points during every year .. we drift back together , and it is like we just stepped out of the van from our last road trip.. life is good and true friendship , has no requirements -- it just is.  And I am so greatful I have these woman in my life.





1 comment:

Faiza said...

loved reading about your girls!