15.7.10

I woke up this morning and thought damn I hurt!

Last night after work I spent four hours bent over digging and clearning out the front boulavard of my house ( you know , the other side of the sidewalk that belongs to the city but they never take care of?) I must say it looks lovely - I had let it get WAY over grown with crab grass - so much so it was hiding all the pretty spreading thyme that I had planted with my previous neighbour.

So I put my foot on the floor this morning and "crack" goes my back - not like I slept wrong, not that kind of crack - but crack -- your old crack! There was a time I could excericse, garden for hours and not feel it at all -- my older sister said this was going to happen!I think she cursed me! I still have 2 years until I am forty, no cracking allowed until then.

Well this week I had also promised myself to start taking care of me for a bit, I quit smoking gained some weight, as you all know.. thank goodness I had loss some weight on weight watchers before hand. Now it is time to recommit to getting it off. I have managed to lose the same 10 pounds a few times over the past few months - but now it is off again, and I gotta get at least 20 more off to feel less sluggish and gross.

I am going to do it this time, I am not getting any younger, and when I go away on the 40's trip with the hubby I want to look HOT (okay, I am actually fine with cute ), just would like to have a flat "ish" belly , lots of curve ( cause I am blessed with these somewhere under the puff) and feel fantastic!

I am not going to be obsessive about the whole thing, and for once I am going to try to do it on my own, not with weight watchers ( though using the system they use) and I am going to do some exercise. I promise myself this  - I am going to make myself stronger, faster and leaner. I am going to do this for me -just like a quit smoking for me.

Wish me luck , I know I have talked about it all before and to be honest 10 pounds lost is pretty good, just gotta keep it up.

ON to more exciting things -- Had a brilliant Sunday with the SWAMPWENCHES minus one who was missed deeply and the mud puddles ( Emma and Jade - both under 5 so really not appropriate to call them wenches - but they are our kids so lets be honest, they are cheeky, funny and beautiful and crazy just like us!)  There is something so wonderful about spending time with friends, who understand you, have no pressure on you and who simply just love you.. even when covered in mud after 10 days of rain and bugs, or who love you even though you snore after drinking to much booze in your 20's.  Time has changed our lives and the amount of time we spend together - but it is always like surrounding myself with my favourite blanket when they are around. I always feel at peace, grounded and sane. I know what we have is rare - 5 friends who met as adults and formed a life long friendship, that has seen weddings, deaths, laughter, pain, crazy shit, fun stuff and countless hours on road trips, babies and wishes. a decade has past -- and a new road trip awaits .. wonder what our next 20 years will look like?

And this time next week -- Sandra ( or Ireland friend as some of you have called her) arrives with hubby and the kids - for a month long visit..I am sooooooooooo excited.

Life is good, now to get off the chair without cracking and get the little miss to swimming day!!


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good luck! I lost about 30 lbs after dropping my first batch of baby fat. It's the only weight I've ever managed to keep off and I've determined that it's because I worked it into my lifestyle. A moderate amount of exercise and no chips allowed in the house!!
Oh, and I finally got around to linking up to your advice from last time--it only took me a week!

Melanie said...

@knitwit - I love hearing when woman lose and keep off the weight - thanks for sharing, and you know what - I am sure I will do it - it didn't take an hour to put it on, so it will take awhile to take it off - but I know I can do it - have tracked what I am eating this week and made better choices!