28.4.10

3 Week Follow up for hearing aid - tweaked and ready to go!

Hey all,

Well today was the 3 week follow up for the hearing aid -- it has changed my life -- I hear things I had forgotten about, my brain has adjusted and I imagine my neighbours are much happy with the TV turned down. He feels that I would benefit from an aid in my left as well ( this will balance the input) but for now ( and until I pay off the first one!) I am going to wait and adjust to life with one, then I will go get the second one.

It was really neat how he readusted and then reprogrammed my hearing aid to match what feedback I had ( some of you still sounded muffled when you talked to me ( Maria my quiet speaking friend!) So he adjusted it, I wanted to take a picture to show you all what the gadgets looked like but thought I would ask if I could do this next time.(3 more weeks) at that visit I will be introduced to two different settings - which is kind of cool- I can switch between them to determine what sound choice I want ( kinda like the TV audio settings!)

I have to tell you the people over at Listen Up Canada -- Bay and College are my heros-- and if you need to get your hearing tested - tell them I sent you (as a patient there) and not only will you get $100.00 dollars off if you need a hearing aid - I get a $25 gift card for Shoppers! (another reason to love this company - take care of yourself and they reward you, you also get 5000 optimum points for just getting tested!)

Today on my way to work I walked to the Station from my house and I did some pictures along the way - I hope to share them soon -- you get to see the "Jar" garden in early spring bloom...

Well thats it for now ... listening loud and clear!

2 comments:

Faiza said...

so glad that you are documenting the process and the journey you are on so we can all appreciate it along with you!

Melanie said...

@ Faiza -- thanks